Local Sporting Champions
Applications Close 31 October 2018
The Central Coast is home to many talented young sportspeople but the cost of travelling to compete, accommodation, uniforms and equipment can add up.
The Local Sporting Champions grants program supports junior sportspeople between 12 and 18 years of age, who are competing, coaching, umpiring or refereeing in an eligible state or national sporting championship event, with grants of $500 per athlete.
To be eligible to apply for a Local Sporting Champions grant, young people must meet the following criteria:
- Be turning 12 to 18 years of age in the same calendar year as the nominated sporting championship.
- Be an Australian citizen or have been granted permanent resident status, residing in Australia.
- Be participating as an athlete, coach, umpire or referee in:
an official state championships endorsed by the relevant Australian Sports Commission (ASC) recognised national sporting organisation (NSO), or
an official state school sport championship endorsed by a School Sport Australia member body, or
an official national championships endorsed by the relevant ASC recognised NSO, or
a national school sport championships endorsed by School Sport Australia, or
an international competition as a member of an official Australian team, endorsed by an ASC recognised NSO or School Sport Australia.
- Be living more than 125km from the championship venue, and travelling greater than 250km return to participate in the nominated championship.
- Must complete and submit application to the ASC prior to the nominated championship commencing.
- Must not have received a Local Sporting Champions grant for an application submitted in the same allocation year.
- Must not have received $500 or more in federal government funding for the nominated championship.
- Must not be participating in a professional competition that involves prize money greater than $500.
Note: Saved applications must be completed and submitted prior to the championship.
Along with meeting the eligibility criteria, to receive a grant applicants must abide by the programme Terms and Conditions.
Information on eligibility for the program and the application process can be found at www.ausport.gov.au